Friday, July 22, 2011
A good friend of mine and her little daughter came to visit us today, the perfect reason to bake something nice!, I didn't want to make anything I have done before so I went to my books and found what seemed like a delicious treat for kids and adults...Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins....what about THAT!...yup...cupcakes with a very yummy filling...
Want to give it a go?....take note then:
It makes 12 muffins.
-350g plain flour
-1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
-140g caster sugar
-Finely grated rind of 2 medium oranges
-1/2 tsp salt
-250ml milk (I used semi-skimmed and it worked well)
-85g butter, melted
For the filling:
-175g half-fat soft cheese
-3tbsp caster sugar
-6 small strawberries, halved...and maybe some more to put on top to serve when they're ready.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6/Fan oven 180°C
2. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar, orange rind and salt.
4. Beat the eggs and milk together in a jug or bowl, then stir in the butter and gently mix into the dry ingredients to make a loose, slightly lumpy mixture. Do not overmix or the muffins will be tough.
5. Mix together the soft cheese and sugar for the filling.
6. Half'-fill the paper cases with the muffin mixture, then push half a strawberry into each. Top with a teaspoon of sweet cheese, then spoon over the remaining muffin mixture to cover and fill the muffin cases.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until well risen and golden on top. Remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. (I let them cool in the tin).
*Recipe taken from the book "GoodFood 101 cakes & bakes"*