Thursday, May 28, 2009

Home SWEET home

Baking is one of my great passions.

My grandma used to prepare wonderful cakes and all sorts of sweet things to celebrate birthdays in the family, she was a fab cook, very creative. I think I got this love for baking (among other things) from her.
I haven't done too much so far but I'm eager to learn all about it!.
Since my grandma Juanita passed away in July 2007, I have found myself in the kitchen more often, maybe to feel closer to her as I miss her terribly!.

All the wonderful sweet smells that take me straight back to my childhood are the ones of cakes, cookies, sweet bread and so on. I love the cosy and family- loving feeling I get from it, which I want to pass on to my little son Bjorn (whom is already showing signs of a very sweet tooth!).

I want to make of my home, a real "home sweet home" to be enjoyed and always remembered by family and friends.

I'm collecting recipes from everywhere, books, magazines, internet, family and friends, so if you have a special recipe please send it to me and I'll give it a try.
I love recipes from other cultures as well, there is so much to taste!!.

*In this picture: my grandma Juanita at 16 years old.

2 comments:

  1. hi Karin I loved the blog site!! and pie de limon yummy!!!!! I'll try that definetly (here they dont't know how to make it) good luck with everything especially with Biorn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandma was a great beauty. :) On my blog, there are some family recipes and others are home food. You are more than welcome to try the home recipes on my blog and do let me know how you find it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...